Air pollution is not only harming your health but also harming your skin every single day. These toxic fumes have a very bad effect on your skin and cause premature aging like wrinkles, pigmentation, dark spots etc. especially on the face, neck, and hands. That smut and grime in the air can cause oxidative damage to the skin cells. When your skin is exposed to pollution, it actually increases the free radicals(toxins) in the skin and the collagen and elasticity(which keeps your skin youthful) degrades. That unexpected thing also causes skin rashes, dry skin, acne breakouts, etc.
Just the way you protect yourself from UV rays, you do need to protect your skin from pollution. Following are some of the tips which help to delay premature aging because of pollution:
– Clean up your skin twice a day with a mild cleanser that deeply cleanses your pores and remove dirt from your skin. And also use exfoliator twice a week to remove impurities from your pores.
– Follow up with the toner according to your skin type to further cleanse your skin.
– Better to use serum twice a day that contain vitamin C and E, this helps to detox and repair your skin from pollution damage.
– Hydrate your skin with a good moisturizer as pollution makes your skin dry and dull. Your skin has a natural barrier to protect itself, so better to keep it healthy by moisturizing.
– Never skip your sunscreen as it acts as the barrier between your skin and UV rays.
– Physical protection works best to protect your skin from pollutant particles. So cover your whole face except your eyes while going outside.
– Let your skin breathe while wiping off your makeup properly, else that dirt and grime get trapped under a layer of your makeup and penetrate into your skin.
– Also use homemade face packs like papaya face pack, lemon-honey face pack, tomato face pack etc. which helps to replenish your skin cells and give it a natural glow and suppleness.
– Eat more and more antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C and E rich-foods. This helps to prevent your skin from the harm of UV rays and pollution.
– Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water or fresh juices, which helps to hydrate the skin, generates cell growth and even improve skin’s elasticity.
– Quit smoking as its also considered as another form of air pollution. It actually damages skin’s elasticity and narrows your skin’s blood vessels and causes wrinkles.